Friday, February 06, 2004

X40 and Duke Basketball

I was going to write this earlier this evening, but I was distracted by Gizmodo's informing me that the Thinkpad X40 will be released next week. So, I started looking at the IBM website, playing with customizing X31s and watching the expected price grow and grow. The X40s weren't on the site yet. In either case, I don't really want to spend that kind of money on a laptop right now.

Last night, while watching the first half of the Duke vs. UNC game, I was marking up changes on a design document for work. I didn't think I could tackle yet a third activity, so I didn't write another blog post. The game was extremely suspenseful and I was much more into it than any game I've watched in a very long time. When I was eight to twelve, or so, I was practically obsessed by Duke basketball. Then they really started getting good and winning national championships. That's when my interest began to wane. I'm not saying I wasn't a fan and didn't make an effort to watch all the games that I could, but I wasn't obsessed. I think that's somewhat atypical, since most people seem to prefer to be fans when their teams are at their best and most popular. For the last quarter of the game, I was figuratively on the edge of my seat.

I am so looking forward to sleeping late tomorrow morning. Perhaps I should consider starting that activity now, since it's already morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment