Sunday, February 29, 2004

Soon I Will Have a Garage

Not too long after I got up this morning (and I do believe it was still morning), I got a call from JA. They were going to be near Hillsborough, so they thought they'd stop in at the new house. I wasn't dressed yet, but he talked to me on the phone while they were there, which was pretty cool. I felt as if I should have gotten up earlier, but it worked out okay.

Later in the afternoon, I did drive over to the new place and looked around. For one thing, I finally pulled into the garage all the way and fairly far to the right. Another car will easily fit in there. I will need something to indicate how far I can pull in, such as a ping pong ball dangling from the ceiling, to make it easier. Maybe I can have more than one hanging, so I can pull in exactly where I want. I am so looking forward to having a garage so I won't have to worry about getting eaten by bears anymore. The main change from the last time I was there that there was insulation between most of the studs.

I had been planning to go to JJ and JA's house to have dinner at 7. Around 6:30, I got a call from JJ, who wanted me to pick him up at Home Depot. Well, there were all kinds of problems, so I ended up waiting outside about an hour. I enjoyed people watching. There were a couple of young toddlers who were having a field evening, climbing all over the John Deere lawn mowers. Dinner was also worth the wait. As soon as we got to their house, JA served a wonderful chicken curry. Yes, chicken. It was, perhaps, the best chicken meal I've ever eaten. Of course, it may taste better if you haven't eaten meat in a month and a half. It also probably helps if you're absolutely starving. I would have probably scarfed down their dogs' rawhide bones, if given the opportunity. Seriously, with any appetite or prior eating habits, the meal would have been delicious. We had a very nice time, all sitting around talking with their friend, LS. JA also provided us with some of his homemade apple sorbet, made from his mother's apple jelly. Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment