Monday, March 15, 2004

Monday

I had to go back to work after the long weekend. Well, it was a normal weekend in length, but I didn't work either Saturday or Sunday, so that made it seem long. It was great.

It doesn't sounds as if I can get my laptop fixed anytime soon. If you stick a toothpick in the hole, you can get the backlight to turn on and off fairly consistently. It works much better than the tine of a plastic fork. With MS's help, I got it hooked up to my monitor so I can at least use the machine. They won't be able to provide me with a loaner, so I'll have to ship it off before I go on vacation or something. It shouldn't take more than a couple of days, but I really don't have a couple of days to spare.

I got home from work fairly late. After eating dinner, I spent twenty minutes or so reading Paul Krugman's The Great Unraveling, which I've been reading on and off for a couple of months, mostly during Christmas vacation. It's a very interesting book and I really need to finish it.

On the local news, just now, I was watching footage of the collapse of the front wall of the Perito Moreno glacier in Argentina. Despite the fact that there was a similar collapse in 1986, which wasn't too long ago, I find such collapses and melting to be somewhat disturbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment