Sunday, March 21, 2004

Always Ask for a Mini

It was a beautiful day today, perfect for sleeping late. Actually, all days are perfect for sleeping late, but waking up at 10:45 with the sun shining is particularly satisfying.

Tonight, I went over to JJ and JA's. We ate an absolutely delicious meal, consisting of pork chops with thinly sliced apples in maple syrup and butternut squash ravioli with finely chopped garlic. I think I need to start saying that I'm a pesco-ovo-lacto-and-whatever-JA-and-JJ-cook-(in latin)-vegetarian. Since they've known me for almost four years, it's harder for them to remember that I've recently quit eating animals that don't prefer swimming. It's actually really nice to have meat as a treat, rather than a staple.

Afterwards, JA went to Goodberry's to pick up frozen custard. I had a chocolate concrete with raspberries, chocolate chips and walnuts. I made the mistake of asking for a medium rather than a mini.

For the evening's entertainment, we watched a video of Swimming to Cambodia, which is a monologue by Spalding Gray. It was his description of his experiences as an actor in the film, The Killing Fields. His monologue was very educational regarding the US bombing and occupation of Cambodia. Gray had a fairly unique style and the film had a lot of imagery, despite only showing a few clips from the film. Our watching Swimming to Cambodia was somewhat of a memorial, since he committed suicide only a couple of weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment