Thursday, March 18, 2004

The Day After St. Patrick's Day

Finally, I left the parking lot at work today at a reasonable time, 5:40. I had dinner with JJ, JA and EB. We ate at the James Joyce Irish Pub, next to Brightleaf Square. I'd never been there and it was an enjoyable experience. We had baked brie as an appetizer and I had fish and chips for my entree. The fish had a tasty beer batter breading and it was served with a large quantity of fries. We had a very good time. We sat at the table right in the window, which has a clear view of the comparable window at Nikos. I half expected to see my parents at one of the visible tables, but my dad was busy tonight. That's probably the only reason I didn't. The only negative aspect of the whole evening was that my raincoat now smells like smoke. It's a good thing we didn't decide to go there for dinner last night. Since it was St. Patrick's day, it was apparently unbelievably crowded. To finish it all off, we shared two pieces of Bailey's cheese cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment