Sunday, March 21, 2004

Basketball and Taxes

What are two things that are certain in life? Basketball and taxes. That was the theme for the day. I got up and dressed early (1 pm) to be prepared to watch Duke play in the second round of the NCAA tournament. It was a nice and comparatively relaxing game, since Duke was ahead by a large margin for most of it.

Not long after that, while watching other games, I attempted to install Turbo Tax Deluxe. It kept saying that it was "Adding necessary font files...". Then it proceeded to hang. I've been using Turbo Tax for years and never had any problems before. I tried checking the support website and they recommended deleting the fonts and trying again. I did that a couple of times, to no avail. Finally, I tried their "chat" feature and talked to what was supposedly a real person, who was able to send me things to register the fonts through their chat application. That seemed to work. It was actually sounding as if I were going to have to install it while windows was in safe mode, but it seemed to keep goiing when i tried to shut it down. It finished installing and completing my tax forms was far easier than completing the installation. Now I'm finished with my taxes, with the exception of printing my things out and actually mailing my state forms. It's kind of annoying that the "free e-file rebate" doesn't include the state forms.

At some point, between installation attempts, my dad and I drove to Durham to pick up sushi at Kurama. Now I have lots of rebate forms to fill out, but that can wait for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment