Saturday, March 08, 2008

Taverna Nikos Blogging: Nikos Salad

Earlier this week, I went to Taverna Nikos and relived one of my favorite dining experiences. Since 1992, I've ordered the Village Salad numerous times and on the new menu it's called the Nikos Salad. It's a wonderful combination of lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, blocks of feta cheese, cucumbers, anchovies, whole olives and Taverna Nikos's addictive salad dressing. The Nikos Salad was almost exactly the same as it has been for years and I was very happy about that. When you order, they often ask if you really want the anchovies and they are easily removed if they don't. I removed them for years before I acquired a strong taste for them and I still avoid the olives.

1 comment:

  1. I just love love love potatoes in dishes beyond "meat and potatoes."

    The village salad is always great -- and as you remind me, the Nikos dressing really makes it.

    ReplyDelete