Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Durham Bloggers and SCONCs at Tyler's

Tonight was the BlogTogether meetup for Durham Bloggers, which was combined with the meetup for the Science Communicatiors of North Carolina. Durham Blogger meetups are normally held at Tyler's on the second Tuesday of almost every month, at 6pm.

It was fun talking with everyone. Abel Pharmboy's daughter was very patient with us, too. BrianR (not pictured), told us all about Carrboro Coworking, which will provide freelancers and others who are currently not satisfied with the isolation of working from home with a pleasant office environment. If I heard correctly, free coffee will even be included!

When I'm not desperately in need of caffeine, I always get the fresh-squeezed lemonade at Tyler's, because it's just incredibly good and incredibly sour. I love it. I decided I really wanted to have some fish and chips, so I ordered that, even though it was catfish and I tend not to like catfish. It's just too greasy, but I'm always ordering things I don't like and don't seem to regret it as often as one would expect. I was pleasantly surprised to find that their catfish was nice and crispy and this was definitely the best meal that I've had at Tyler's so far. It was served very hot, so that helped. It came with a ton of garlicky fries, which were also great.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:35 PM

    I was invited to join friends at Tyler's on Wed. and especially wanted to go in case I could meet some of the bloggers whose posts I enjoy, but I was obliged instead to bake a b-day cake. My boy is 9!

    I'm surprised you found the fish & chips to be so good. When I had them there, I thought "too greasy." You might want to try their salmon, served on a bed of spinach with mashed potatoes!

    --Lisa S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to see you last night. And let's have dinner at Town Hall Grill soon (they have braised Kobe oxtail, very delicious, on special this week).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:28 PM

    Thanks for the pics and the great company - sorry that the PharmKid was a little needy but it was really nice to get in a few words with you edgewise. Great to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @LisaS: I was surprised at how much I liked it, too. I hope you will be able to join us next month!

    @coturnix: We will definitely have to plan on dinner soon. I'll let you know as soon as I talk to GEE. :)

    @abel: It was great to see you and I really thought PharmKid was extremely well behaved. :)

    ReplyDelete