Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tagged!

Ms. Four tagged me, which is an honor and pretty exciting, because I've never been tagged before. Since I have a "random things about me" page, it was a little more challenging, but I may add some of these things there at some point.

(And before I begin, here are the rules as they were passed to me:
*Post 10 random things about yourself
*Choose 5 people to tag and a reason you chose each person
*Leave them each a comment directing them to your blog so they know they are it (don't people use technorati?)
*You can’t tag the person who tagged you (you’ll have to make new friends)
*As a courtesy to the person who tagged you, please let them know when you have posted so they can have the sheer delight and extra work load of reading your answers)

1. I have a comet shaped birthmark on the side of my right foot.

2. One of my favorite things to do is stare at out the window and think. When I'm not thinking meditatively, I like looking for wildlife and noticing the images that are formed by the branches of the trees. I would like to think that my writing this will not hinder my getting a window office someday. I have self control.

3. I never throw away personal letters that people have written to me. I usually don't seem to answer them either.

4. I still have the popcorn bag from my first date.

5. Growing up, I had an irrational desire to volunteer to take pledges during WUNC-TV fund drives and I didn't even know that they fed people in between pledge breaks. It may seem
inconsistent that I wanted to spend hours answering the phone when I hate making phone calls, but it's really not.

6. I took one semester of Latin in high school.

7. I love toasted marshmallows.

8. I skipped the second grade.

9. I broke my skull at the Vasa Museum, in Sweden, due to being dropped on my head by my then ex-boyfriend. He's the one who went into shock.

10. I love playing cards, board games, chess and checkers, but I almost never do. I'm not extraordinarily good at any of them, but I just enjoy playing.

Now my tags:

Jan makes bacon and bakes bread. Need I say more?

The Archer Pelican is on the move.

Joe is always sharing pertinent information.

Ginny should have lots of wacky facts to share. She hates bunnies after all.

Durham Bull Pen likes oysters and takes great photos.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks!

    So, one random thing about me is that I sometimes remember what other people said but not what I said. (Maybe someone dropped me on my head in a museum?)

    Throughout your post I got all excited that you might tag me. Then you did! Then I remembered that I'd actually done this last year before we met.

    In any case, I thank you for inviting me. Here's last year's list. I don't want to post a new one, lest people think I'm being vain (I AM vain -- I just don't want people to think it. Any more than they already do.)

    http://archerpelican.typepad.com/tap/2007/07/ten-weird-thing.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. @marsosudiro Thanks! You have quite a list. I want to see your quadruple jointedness in person sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lenore,

    I completed my mission after getting tagged by you!

    It's here at my blog.

    Cheers,
    DBP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:02 PM

    I have volunteered at the public radio and also at the public TV one. The public TV one is more fun, obviously because you Get On Television. Highly recommended!

    Phil, I remember conversations in complete, especially all the Stupid Things I Said. It is very painful, and Not recommended to try. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Valerie Yes, volunteering for WUNC-TV is one of those childhood dreams that I've managed to fulfill. It's great fun. The best time was when they had peppermint cheesecake, though. :)

    For more tag responses you can see Jan's here: http://tinyurl.com/2o9hoj and Ginny's here: http://tinyurl.com/2vdoho

    ReplyDelete