Sunday, January 18, 2004

Correction and Food

I'll start out by making a correction for yesterday's post. Dual Supply did not burn down. Dual supply was actually open the next day. Even though it sounded really bad on the emergency services radio frequencies, it obviously wasn't that serious. Many thanks to helpful reader, who pointed out the erroneous information. As a (the only) representative here at EGTV, I regret any concern or mental anguish that the error may have caused.

Last night I did finally go out to dinner with RR and her friend AV. We went to Taverna Nikos, at Brightleaf Square in Durham. I have been going there since my mom and I discovered it in 1992. As I often do, I ordered the fried calamari, which, as usual, was exquisite and very tender. It's served with tzatzki, which is always wonderful, garlic spread, lettuce and diced tomatoes. Going out to dinner with RR is always a blast, so we had a great time.

This morning, RR and I went to Vin Rouge for brunch. Vin Rouge is one of Giorgios Bakistias's many restaurants. This one is nominally French. Like all Bakistias's locations, the decor is unusual and well planned. On the menu, they have many delectable selections from which to choose, but we both decided on the buttermilk pancakes with assorted berries. It was an excellent choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment