Monday, September 01, 2008

Cakes and Creepy Stacks

Last Thursday, Duke Libraries had an opening celebration for the completion of the renovations of the second, third and fourth floors of the portion of the Perkins Library building that was originally built in 1968. Those of you who remember the "creepy" stacks will have a hard time finding them now. You may still get lost, since the changes are a little disorienting, but you won't mind it nearly as much.

We celebrated with two beautiful cakes from Mad Hatter's, which is now owned by Saladelia. I got in between the cake and a large knife in order to share this photo with you. I actually didn't try either the strawberry or the chocolate cake, but I heard that they were very good. That's right, I found photographing them more satisfying than the idea of actually eating them. There's something a little sick about that, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment