Friday, September 26, 2008

Mailing Lists!

I've been enjoying a lovely cold the last three days and haven't left the house, so I haven't had any grand dining experiences, although my Most Faithful Reader did make a big pot of chicken soup, which has been great.

I thought I would take the opportunity to remind my readers that a lot of restaurants have mailing lists that can inspire you to eat at their restaurants, cook something interesting or just be entertained. I look forward to ACME Food & Beverage Co. e-mail messages every week and the MFRs and I actually become alarmed if we don't receive one. Chef/owner Kevin Callaghan's writing is almost as good as his cooking. Well, maybe not, but he can be pretty funny.

General Manager Eryk Pruitt writes the Blu Seafood and Bar mailing list and keeps us up to date with all of their special events. For example, they are having a hurricane party on October 1st to mimic how residents of hurricane endangered locations cook all their food that would otherwise perish after they lose power. This party is an opportunity to eat, among other tasty things, frog legs. I think I like amphibians just a little too much, but it sounds like fun. A portion of the proceeds will go toward distaster relief.

I still subscribe to the mailing list for Tayst, which is a restaurant that I went to in Nashville a couple of years ago. As maybe one or two of you may recall, this is where I had bacon ice cream.
Well, they are having a special dinner that will feature Jerebob, a cow that was named after the chef/owner Jeremey and the sous chef, Bob. I'm not kidding. So, if you happen to be in the Nashville area on November 10th, you can pay your respects to or at least pay for a hearty portion of Jerebob.

No comments:

Post a Comment