Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Papas Grille for a Rehearsal Dinner

...and I'm back! I've been on vacation for the last several days. I didn't go anywhere, but I had 1 1/2 house guests. I accompanied one of my visitors to a wedding and the rehearsal dinner was at Papas Grille, about which I'd heard wonderful things ever since they opened, in 1994, but I'd never been there. They serve Greek and Mediterranean dishes, but most of them start just at the high edge of my typical price range. We sat in the more spacious of their private rooms, which was nice and quiet. The entree I choose was chicken breast "crepinette" stuffed with spinach and feta, with a port wine reduction sauce and served with creamed potatoes and mixed vegetables.
Cheesecake is wasted on me, since I'm not terribly fond of it, but this was beautiful and the fruit was perfect. The cake contained slivers of macadamia nuts, which generated lively conversation at our table as we attempted to identify the flavor and texture.

I really enjoyed the chicken and would love to go back to try out other items on their menu soon. At least, I certainly don't want to wait another 14 years to try it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment