Monday, April 07, 2008

Nantucket Grill

This past weekend, I went to Nantucket Grill, which is a place I don't go nearly often enough, considering how often my Most Faithful Readers go. You can see here that it used to be one of my regular destinations. It's in Durham County, but close to Chapel Hill, and is a 34 mile drive round-trip from my house, but it's worth it. They also have other locations, on Fayetteville Road, in Durham, and their original cafe at Ram's Plaza, in Chapel Hill.

One of the nice things that they've been doing for the last year or so is serving puffy-light rolls that are nice and warm. It's hard to beat warm rolls.
That night, I had cod fish and chips. The fish was good and crunchy and I'm guessing there was cornmeal in the batter. The chips weren't outstanding, but they were good with ketchup. Their cole slaw has more mayonnaise than I usually like, but it's good and it has chopped granny smith apple in it, which adds a nice and unusual flavor.

I highly recommend their crab cakes, which are served with a wonderful lemon sauce, asparagus and mashed potatoes. If you eat beef, the French onion soup is excellent. The lobster bisque and clam chowder are great, but are too rich for me. They have delicious pasta dishes and salads, too. If they have soft-shelled crabs as a special, they are splendid sauteed. My Most Faithful Reader gets a Blackened Salmon Salad almost every week (without the "blackening") and divides it into two meals each time. I am happy to report that the chicken pot pie is back on the menu, but they've replaced the puffed pastry with a biscuit, which I will have to try soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment