Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Orange Blossom White Iced Tea and Fake Meatballs

I went to the Refectory yesterday and I decided to try one of their bottled teas made by the Republic of Tea. It was an Orange Blossom White Iced Tea, which was very good. It made me think, "Now *this* is what flavored water should taste like!" Seriously. The beauty of it is that it contains caffieine, too. It had a subtle tea flavor and wasn't at all bitter and it had a lovely orange smell. The only problem is that it's prohibitively expensive, retailing for $2.50 per 12 ounce bottle. I may have paid a little less there, but it was on the order of that amount. My idea of what beverages should cost has not caught up with inflation, but maybe that's a good thing.

The Refectory also had fake (meatless) meatballs in a Polynesian sauce over rice. It reminded me a lot of their meatless meatloaf, which means I liked it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment