Monday, July 05, 2004

Unpack Books. Rinse. Repeat.

I'm completely boofed again. I think I unpacked six boxes of books today. I know I unpacked them, but I'm slightly unsure how many there were. Only slightly. I also washed dishes and did a load of laundry.

JJ and JA came over this morning for brunch. We made blueberry pancakes using the leftover frozen blueberries from the blueberry "grunt" that we made while RR and MDLP were here. I mostly made the pancake batter before they got there, which was pretty easy and JJ cooked them on a griddle on top of the cooktop.
Unfortunately, I misinterpreted my dad's instructions and thought that the burner should be set to "high", which resulted in four blackened pancakes. Oops. Fortunately, the rest, cooked at a lower temperature, were excellent.
JJ and JA finally got to see some of my original paintings in person, which was cool.

I made some banana bread last night, which we ate after the pancakes. This time I used a recipe from my new Baking Illustrated cookbook that my mom got me. It was written by the same people who publish the Cook's Illustrated magazine. This recipe differs from most I've seen in that it calls for 1/4 cup of plain yogurt. It makes it nice and moist or at least something in it does. Maybe it just helps to preheat the oven like you're supposed to.

Yesterday, I also unpacked books, washed dishes, did laundry and was exhausted afterwards. This theme will, of course, be halted by tomorrow's return to work.

Some confusion has resulted from the dates/timestamps on some of my posts. This is due to the fact that twice I have posted after midnight but still referred to the previous logical day as "yesterday". I also once used the draft option to form an outline and then posted a few days later and it used the date of the draft. I fixed the date for that one. I apologize for the confusion resulting all of this anachronism.

No comments:

Post a Comment