Sunday, July 18, 2004

C is for Cookie

One of the things that startles me about blogging more frequently is that I try to think about what I did a few days ago and realize that I don't remember whole days of my life.  On the other hand, perhaps it is better to reflect upon the more memorable highlights of each week than relate the banalities of laundry lint.
 
Friday night, I went to Southpoint to meet GM and several of his friends.  We ate at Rockfish, ate at the Marble Slab Creamery and saw Shrek 2.  Rockfish was good.  We started out with fried calamari, which was into extremely thin ringlets and served with three dipping sauces.  I ordered fried oysters, which were battered in cornmeal.  I generally prefer that they not use cornmeal batter, but I gobbled them up very quickly.   At the Marble Slab, they have a new flavor, cinnamon, which I combined with shredded coconut and sliced almonds.
Shrek 2 was very funny and the graphics were cool.
 
If you want a good laugh, take a look at this well done political music video.
 
CL and JL came over for lunch on Saturday.  I made chocolate chip cookies and tuna salad.  The tuna salad contained tuna, mayonnaise, parsley, red grapes and celery.   I had a great time showing off what had changed since they saw the pre-paint version of my house.   We sat around talking about lots of stuff.  Afterwards, we drove over to my parents' house so they could pick up my old thirty gallon aquarium.  I've been planning to give it to them for ages, because I don't think I'll ever have the time or inclination to set up that big an aquarium anytime in the near or distant future.  It's just too much work and fish die.   I hung out there a while, admiring all the work that my parents have done or had done to the house.  Everything is painted now except for the screened-in porch, which is in the process of being rescreened.  After I got back home, I made another salad.  I intended to make another tuna salad, because there weren't enough leftovers to feed my parents and me, but I ended up leaving the tuna out.  Instead I put in lots of grapes, LOTS of parsley, celery, walnuts and the juice of two limes.  It was....sour!  I actually thought it was quite good, but I like eating whole limes as a main course.  My dad keeps telling me that I need to taste my salads before I serve them.  I wonder why? 
 
Today I made the cookies from the rest of the cookie dough, which I had refrigerated.  I got the recipe from the wife of a amateur radio operator, who makes nice soft cookies.  They are definitely yummy, but very rich.  I used 24 ounces of chocolate chips and the recipe only called for 18, so they are very chocolately.  They are large cookies and I can only eat two at a time.  Otherwise, I washed a lot of dishes and did three loads of laundry.  Tonight we went to Nantucket for dinner and I had an excellent serving of cod.

No comments:

Post a Comment