Saturday, July 24, 2004

Several Days of Fun

I've been having so much fun adding pictures to early posts in my blog that I've barely left any time for actually writing about something new.  So far I've added pictures to the first month or so of my blog.  It takes a bit of time to pick out what I want to add and then change the date, etc.

Let's see...  Wednesday night, I went to a Durham Bulls game, with approximately my entire organization at work.   We were all allowed to bring one guest, so it was fun meeting people's spouses after hearing so much about them.  I took my dad along, who seemed to enjoy watching the game.  It was entertaining in that there were a bunch of home runs, but not exciting in the sense that the final score was 11 to 1.  It was very hot, but fortunately the sun went down behind the stadium fairly quickly.  Generally, I got the impression that most people had a good time.  The only glitch in the whole thing was that the reserved picnic areas was down about 13 steps.  Oops.  Fortunately MS and JL were respectively available for the hand truck maneuver.

Thursday night, I went over to LK's house.  We ate pizza, talked and watched the Tour de France on tv.  It was fun seeing all the changes he'd made to his house and catching up, in general.  It was absolutely pouring when I got there and we had to wait a while before I went inside.  

Today I went out to lunch with JJ.  We went to Dale's Indian Cuisine on 9th street.  The food is consistently good.  I decided to eat chicken and lamb.  It was good.  Actually, I still probably liked the spinach and eggplant dishes the best.  Afterwards, we went to a coffee shop near the corner of Broad Street and Club,  Ooh-La-Latte.  I'd never been there before.  It's actually quite strange.  They have a very unusual decor with lots of old furniture, barbie dolls, velvet Elvises and other stuff.  Somehow it reminded me of a Bizarro cartoon in pink and black.   They are right next to their store, the Untidy Museum.   While I only peeked in the door as I was leaving, it looks as if they sell things that would fit right into their decorations.   All in all, I'd say that it's a pretty wild place that's worth seeing for yourself.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment