Saturday, July 03, 2004

Lots o' Stuff

I think I've finally exhausted myself for the day, so perhaps I can begin to describe some of my more exciting experiences from the last few weeks.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend RR and her new husband, MDLP visited. They were my very first houseguests! They arrived Thursday evening and left on Monday morning. We had a blast by going out to eat, cooking, shopping and, of course, talking. We went to ACME, Margaret's Cantina and Big Bowl. We cooked amberjack burritos (with cilantro chipotle sauce), parmesan and chive biscuits, roasted tomato soup, goat cheese dip and a blueberry "grunt". It was quite a feast. We invited my parents over to join us, so it was a lot of fun. We bought all the ingredients that I didn't already have at the Wellspring (Whole Foods) in Chapel Hill, which was fun in itself.

That Sunday, we went to Southpoint and saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. We were wandering around in the open area afterwards and I heard a loud shout of "Lenore!" from a fair distance away. It was GM! He had been playing in a band just outside the theatre.

Last weekend I went over to JJ and JA's new old house to see how it had turned out. It's really quite charming and cool. It's amazing how much it's changed in such a short amount of time. JA cooked yet another fantastic meal.

That weekend I also saw Fahrenheit 9/11, which, again, I recommend highly. It was extremely well done. It's very moving in that it will make you angry, sad and laugh hysterically all within a matter of minutes. Another cool thing about seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 at the Carolina Theatre was that a guy I knew from highschool, MP, helped us to our seats. He looked quite a bit older. Imagine that. It was great to see him again, since he was quite a character in school.

That weekend was also the annual ham radio Field Day. I didn't participate much, because of everything else I did, but I did make it there for breakfast on Sunday.

A few days ago I helped JJ and JA haul a window unit air conditioner. They fed me peach sorbetto afterwards while we looked at photographs of the house, which made it a fun evening.

Otherwise I've been doing a lot of laundry, washing dishes and unpacking. I even worked from home one evening, when I had a lot to do. It's nice working here because it's nice and quiet and a lot more pleasant than the office.

I still don't have cable. I need to call the guy from the construction department again. It was supposed to be installed at the house about a week ago.

I made banana bread about a week and a half ago. It turned out quite well despite the fact that I tried to ruin it by putting it in a cold oven and then setting the temp. I'm interested to see what it's like when you follow the recipe. Of course, I'm also interested in trying out other recipes.

I cancelled my Gevalia membership.

Today we were encouraged to leave work early, because of the holiday weekend. I left around three and spend the afternoon unpacking, doing laundry and washing dishes. Yes, that it what I've been doing for the past several weeks, but I did a lot more of that this afternoon. My dad came by this evening and we hung the rest of my framed pictures. I had to branch out into ones I didn't paint myself, but that's ok. There are still a lot more that need to be framed and then I have to decide where they are going to go. There is a lot of wall space left!

No comments:

Post a Comment