Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Zippity Doo Da

I worked from home this morning, because just as I was about to leave one of the local fire departments declared that a road between here and work was slippery. Within minutes there were ten overturned vehicles in the northern half of the county.Just before I started to eat lunch, from my bedroom I noticed that there was a bluebird fussing outside one of the patio doors. He looks innocent enough in this photo, but he was making a lot of noise.
Here he is clearly agitated. Perhaps he didn't appreciate the fact that the Christmas tree is still up and visible from the window. There are several straw bird ornaments on the tree, so that may not have helped. Perhaps he just didn't care for his reflection.
Finally he attacked the glass.
In this photo, he's not only attacking it, but he's attacking it with style.
That was obviously at lot of work. In fact, he inspired me to brave the weather and head for the office.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you stayed home for a while. The slate sidewalks at work (as opposed to the concrete ones) were very dicey for the first couple of hours of the day. I nearly wiped out on one with a four-limbed windmill worthy of Wile E. Coyote. Fortunately, I recovered before going splat. It's a good thing - the paperwork required for a workplace injury probably would have been as painful as the injury itself! :)

    ReplyDelete