Thursday, November 15, 2007

Two Very Cool Things

While I'm uploading photos for a more substantial post, I thought I would mention a couple of other things:

  • I realize that not all of my readers read the same blogs that I do, so I figure it's worth mentioning freerice.com. Basically you can be quizzed and learn new vocabulary while proceeds from ad revenue are used to purchase rice to be distributed by the United Nations World Food Program. It is addictive.
  • I decided today that there just had to be a way to feed one's e-mail from a listserv into an RSS feed. RSS feeds are the single most (if the not the only) efficient way for me to consume information these days. It turned out that Lifehacker wrote about this back in July, probably while I was in Boston. All you have to do is create a filter to forward the listserv posts to somestring@mailbucket.com and then the RSS feed URL will be mailbucket.com/somestring.xml where somestring is any identifier that isn't already in use by someone else. You can just go to the link and subscribe to it with the aggregator of your choice. It's that easy. The possibilities are seemingly limitless.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:46 PM

    that RSS feed listserv hack is cool!

    ReplyDelete