Sunday, November 25, 2007

Favorites from CDC

As I'm sure many of you guessed, I did go to the Carolina Designer Craftsmen show on Saturday and I had a great time, as always. I spent too much money, but it's something for which I mentally have an annual budget. Actually, as far as earrings go, I only bought four pairs, which may be an all-time low. New work by Nell Chandler, Janet Harriman and Sandra McEwen was amazing, though.


I didn't take too many pictures, but here are a few displays that I thought looked particularly nice from a distance. Marti Mocahbee, from Staunton, VA, throws gorgeous and vibrantly colored pottery that looks almost as if it is made of glass.

Larry Favorite's work has literally been a favorite of mine for many years. He inlays ironwood with turquoise, which results in a striking combination. His workshop is in Mebane, NC and I've been meaning to go see it for ages. As part of the guild's new Masterworks program, he's recently started working in a large-scale, more two-dimensional form, which is very impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment