Friday, September 07, 2007

Taverna Nikos Update

Brightleaf Square was Friday's hot destination for many tonight, in more ways than one. Hundreds of people were enjoying eating, shopping and listening to The Magic Pipers, a local cover band, while managing to survive the humidity and the heat of the brick oven that we normally think of as a shopping mall.

While I was planning to get dinner, my primary reason for heading to Brightleaf tonight was to see if I could find out more about the reopening of Taverna Nikos. I've been calling every few days, hoping to hear that they've opened. Apparently they are doing some remodeling and there have been delays in the construction. Work has been observed to be sporadic, but they now have a sign indicating that they will be opening soon.

While I was making these photographs, a couple wandered over, also hoping to find out when they will be opening. With so many eagerly awaiting their return, I'm optimistic that it won't be long before the resurrected restaurant is full of hungry epicureans. I just hope they offer Garides Kataife on their menu, which is that delicious shrimp dish they have at their Nikos Taverna location, in Morrisville.

No comments:

Post a Comment