Monday, July 14, 2008

Shrooms!

With all the rain we've been having, mushrooms have been popping up all over the place.

I've seen more on Duke's campus than I ever remember having seen before, anywhere.

I believe squirrels have uprooted some of them, or perhaps it's been curious summer campers, but I appreciated being able to see underneath one of these big ones.

As you can see, there are quite a lot of them, particularly on the Academic Quad. It's a little beyond a "fairy ring", I think.

I took the previous photos on Friday, but here is what some of them looked like today. They always go through multiple stages of development. If you want to see more mushrooms, check out Durham Bull Pen's recent post.

1 comment:

  1. Great pics!

    I wish I could've gotten a picture that showed the whole fairy ring I saw, but I would've needed to be up a tree or something to get the proper perspective.

    Thanks for posting your 'shroom pics. :)

    ReplyDelete