Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Treo 650 Excitement

Wow! I was quoted on the PalmAddicts blog! That's more exciting than when I was in college and I was quoted in the Raleigh News & Observer as saying that the regional ACM Programming Contest was more exciting than basketball. I'd wondered why there had been a dramatic increase in hits and that's why.

Now that I've had the Treo 650 for a couple of weeks, I have to say that I still love it more than ever. I love being able to look at the doppler radar on it without worrying about being fried while I'm plugged in. I got the 1.08 update for the firmware, which probably improved the sound quality. I've also noticed that it helps to put one's ear in the vicinity of the ear piece (ear bump). I got the free 128 MB memory card from PalmOne so now I can play mp3s on it. The speaker is really pretty good and the music sounds great. It's great having the tradional Palm functions again, too. I had pretty much abandoned using my Palm V (despite carrying it around with me everywhere), because I put all my phone numbers in my Motorola Timeport. Now I've consolidated all my numbers and contact information into my Treo, which makes so much more sense. I can even use my Treo to check my gmail account and send mail. It's not pretty, but it works.

Today I went to Maggiano's for lunch, because the department wanted to take my manager out to lunch, since he's moving to a different assignment. It took three hours, but it was worth it. I tried several new things, such as their chicken parmesan and some kind of herbed chicken, which was extremely tender. The four cheese ravioli is still the best, though

No comments:

Post a Comment