Saturday, May 01, 2004

It's all coming together...

Early this afternoon, my parents and I went over to the new house. It's still stunning to me how much progress has been made. Now that almost all the lights are installed, some of the finished plumbing fixtures are in, the deck is progressing and the cabinet knobs/pulls are in place, it's incredible. It's just amazing to think about all the plans, sketches and agonizing decisions that have produced such a beautiful three dimensional dwelling. I still can't believe that I actually get to live in such a cool place.

After I left the house, I went to the office to work for the rest of the afternoon. It wasn't my idea of the best way to spend a Saturday, even a rainy one, but I needed to get some work done. My teammates were also there, so it certainly wasn't a lonely effort.

Around dinnertime, I left for EB's house. JJ and JA brought Chinese food from Eastern Lights and we had quite a feast. I was tempted to have some pork fried rice, but I was a good little quasi-vegetarian and stuck to sweet and sour shrimp and Ma Po tofu. Sable seems to be recovering nicely and did not seem to be suffering from her van exit method. I met Sheba and she's seems like a frisky gal. They have very different personalities and coloring considering they were littermates. FIFO was eager to sniff all the olfactory information off me as soon as I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment