Monday, May 03, 2004

A Day Off and a Nice Visit

Yesterday I spent the morning sleeping and my afternoon and evening at work. I brought a frozen dinner in with me, so at least I wasn't hungry when I got home around 10 pm.

KS was in town for a wedding this past weekend and I took the day off to spend some time with her. She met me over at the new house and I showed her around. Since Saturday, the biggest changes were more progress on the deck, particularly the ramp, and the ceiling fan is now up in my bedroom. It looks just as I had imagined it would. It's a Minka Aire "Flyte", which is perfect for the angles in the room. One of the funny things was when I was showing off the guest bathroom and I was startled by a small piece of insulation that came up through the floor vent and a hand that poked up to make sure it got through. I said, "Hello there!" and my builder said hi and that he was just cleaning up the crawl space.

Afterwards, I took KS over to my parents' house, to meet FIFO. He really liked her. He really likes everyone, but he was particularly enthusiastic about meeting her. He must have sensed that her sister has a Weimaraner. We sat and talked for quite a while and then went with my parents to Tupelo's for dinner. KS had been to ACME the night before, so we couldn't take her there. As always, I chose the crawfish ravioli and I thought it was excellent. My parents had never been there before, because it's usually very busy on Saturday nights, when I usually desert them.

It was a good day.. It's always fun to hang out with KS and I hadn't seen her in a couple years. We keep in touch very well by IMing, but that's just not the same as getting to talk to her in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment