Saturday, January 12, 2008

Maine Root Ginger Brew

Yesterday, while having lunch on campus at the Refectory, I picked up a Maine Root Ginger Brew. I like most ginger sodas, but this one is extremely good. It has a nice kick to it, too. It's organic and containins purified water, evaporated cane juice, ginger extract and spices. It even reminds me of drinking pure sugar cane juice, so that probably adds a lot to the flavor. It's 165 calories per 12 oz. bottle, which is quite a bit, but it certainly doesn't taste too sweet. I do realize that those two sentences contradict one another, but that's no surprise here, is it? Supposedly, this brand of soda is available at Whole Foods, so I hope they have it at their Durham location. I'd like to try their free range root beer, too.

Incidently, the Refectory is pleased to have their ice water dispensers available again.

No comments:

Post a Comment