Sunday, January 27, 2008

ACME Blogging : Oysters and Scallops

Tonight, it was time to pay another visit to ACME Food & Beverage Co. To feed my raw oyster addiction, I tried their oyster special. The oysters, which were from the Carolina coast, had homemade cocktail sauce, a mustard sauce and a cilantro sauce added to them. I liked the cilantro sauce the best, I think, but they were all good.

My Most Faithful Reader ordered the cashew encrusted scallops over crunchy black "forbidden" rice. It was supposed to come with mango sauce, but that contained peppers. Kevin whipped up a custom orange sauce for her instead, which I thought was great. I stole a bite of my dad's bratwurst and dipped that in it. It was a great combination.

My MFR asked for the remaining (and any extra) oyster shells so she could bury them in their fairly acidic soil, to make the hellebores happy, so it turned to be a productive evening, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment