Monday, January 28, 2008

Angry Bluebird Returns


Remember the fussy bluebird that posed agitatedly on my patio (deck) door? He was back this weekend. In fact, he was back all weekend. Unlike Doofus, the red bellied woodpecker, he quickly found that he could attack all the windows around the house. Also unlike Doofus, he didn't make nearly as much noise so I didn't need to yell at him. I do wonder what happened to the woodpecker, who visited for so many months, day after day, and I'm happy to have the company once again. The angry bluebird doesn't do nearly as good a job at cleaning off the windows, though.



Here you can see the little guy in action. Do you think he thinks he'll make it through the window eventually?

2 comments:

  1. That video is great addition. Two years ago I was at church on Christmas morning. There was a huge floor to ceiling window behind the alter, and during the sermon, a bird just flew straight into the window. All you heard was a thump and then you saw the bird just fall to the ground. No one seemed to notice this but me, there were no gasps or whispers. That's the only time I've ever seen a bird do something like that until this morning! Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would there happen to be a holly or pyracantha bush nearby?

    ReplyDelete