Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Gulf Rim Blogging : Camera Settings

Tonight I went to Gulf Rim and tried out my new camera settings. I set the white balance from "cloudy" to "auto white balance" and changed the exposure setting from -1 to 0. I'm afraid the plates still didn't show up as white in this photo. Despite that, I'm very pleased with the improvement! My fried oysters were very good, too.
My Most Faithful Reader had an artichoke oyster taco special, with the tomatoes and habanero mayo removed. I was tempted to get a soft shell crab special, but I had my heart set on oysters and the size of the crab portion would have been more suitable for an entire family of four. Notice the beautiful color of the sour cream in this photo.

Thanks to all of you who gave me feedback on my post comparing my camera to my dad's. Remember, if you see something so obviously wrong, you can, at any time, say, "Lenore, you moonbat, your photos look like crap. Fix your damn camera!" Feedback on any aspect of the blog is always welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:16 AM

    I almost posted 3 paragraphs about WB, exposure, and framing, but realized that
    1) I don't really know what I'm talking about, and
    2) your food pictures look pretty good, so why bother?

    Digital photography is so much fun because of the instant feedback and growing processing power of the cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing bunches of paragraphs when you don't know what you're talking about is all part of the fun. Isn't that what blogs are all about? ;)

    The best part of digital photography for me is *still* not having to get the film developed.

    ReplyDelete