Sunday, October 17, 2004

Party II

I took the day off on Friday and the washing machine came by, because the door switch came in. Unfortunately, it seems that the timer was also bad, so he had to order a new timer. It will work again someday. Meanwhile, I baked chocolate chip cookies and coconut macaroons for my second party.

The second party, which was mainly intended for people who couldn't make my first party and those who I thought would like to visit with those people, was actually quite small. Everyone who had children declined, because of the difficulties in getting a babysitter or some other conflict. Nine of us, including me and my parents, sat around talking and eating for four hours or so, which was fun. I had mostly the same food as last time: lemon parmesan garlic dip, guacamole, cheeses, veggies, fruit, samsosas and the cookies mentioned above. I also had cold shrimp with cocktail sauce, which was surprisingly popular and very easy to serve. One thing that was interesting was that at my previous party, for which I had asked a couple of people to bring extra chairs, everyone stood. For this one, everyone sat down the entire time. Parties are obviously unpredictable.

Today my dad and I went to Sam's Club, because my mom had seen a digital piano that I might want for my birthday/Christmas. I read up a bit on-line about the Yamaha DGX500 and it didn't sound like something I would be interested in, because it didn't have weighted keys. We went to Sam's Club anyway, just to take a look and because I needed another case of IBC root beer. Even though the piano is not what I want, it's gotten me started looking at what's available in digital pianos and synthesizers, a market that I haven't looked at in over fifteen years. Like most electronic technology, it's come a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment