Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Sushi Love Blogging: The Boat Load

For my second trip to Sushi Love, I went with a bunch of friends and we ended up getting a "boat load" of sushi. I enjoyed it even more than last time, partially due to the increased variety, but also because I think it was actually better than before. In particular, the rainbow roll was far better than last time. The sunset roll was equally wonderful. I got a chance to eat a hand roll (surprisngly) for the first time. It was a salmon skin roll, which was quite good, but I do think the hand roll is a little more challenging to eat gracefully than an ordinary one. We also shared some edamame and crab rangoons (or equivalent) that I thought were excellent. Overall, I was quite pleased.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:11 AM

    Thanks for the tip, my wife and I are always on the lookout for more sushi! Looks like Sushi Love is a very nice place. Do they really serve in that boat, how fun is that!
    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  2. A boat full of sushi - that's a BEAUTIFUL thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, cool. How many people is that boat of sushi designed to feed? That's a lot of sushi (which is a good thing)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think if you order enough sushi, you get the boat. Mt. Fuji serves in a boat if you get carried away with your order, too. Our boat contained sushi for three people, but we did have some leftovers. :) I believe we ordered nine rolls that night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:00 PM

    ...but it was buy one, get one free, so what are you going to do? :)

    I'm glad you got the photo of the Black Widow, because I was trying to explain to hubby sushi with legs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's right! We actually got 10 rolls, because you always order an even number of rolls. I got a Black Widow roll tonight, Valerie, and it was so good. :) Yes, I've already been back!

    ReplyDelete