Saturday, August 09, 2008

Refectory Blogging: Linguini with Clam Sauce

Most of my more leisurely lunches this summer have been spent off campus, so I haven't spent as much time at the Refectory recently. This week, however, their weekly newsletter informed me that the special on Friday would be linguini with white clam sauce so I knew I had to pay a visit. I was hoping that the sauce would be a thin broth, rather than something creamy and my hopes were fulfilled. It was an excellent dish with loads of tender, chopped clams and shredded parmesan cheese.
For my dessert, I had fresh peaches and blackberries. I've been craving peaches lately, so I was overjoyed. The blackberries were wonderful, too. It also came with a small salad, but I turned that down, because I knew I wouldn't be able to eat that much. With Duke's classes starting on the 25th, soon the Refectory will be hopping and many incoming freshmen and new graduate students will be delighted by the food they will find there.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I already miss being close to the Refectory. It's one of many reasons I'm looking forward to the return of "normal" bus routes between East and West.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenore- I've enjoyed all of your food blogs and have been turned on to a couple of restaurants because of your revues. But linguine with white clam sauce is one of my favorite dishes in the whole world. It's my benchmark whenever I check out a new Italian restaurant. Your photo looks soooo good. I'll definitely need to check out the Refectory.
    Thanks for another great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete