Friday, August 08, 2008

Blu Blogging: Maine Lobster Feast

Wednesday night, I went with a bunch of people to Blu Seafood and Bar's Maine Lobster Feast. A 1 1/4 lb. lobster, served with corn on the cob and roasted red potatoes for $25 was not something I could resist. The lobster was cooked perfectly, as was everything else. It was also possible to add 12 oz. of NY strip steak for a total of $45. They offered lobster with shellfish as a dinner for two, for $60. This was the first lobster I'd had since last year's trip to Boston, so it was quite a treat. Thanks to Chef Tim Lyons's well chosen handiwipes, it didn't even seem that messy afterwards.

Afterwards, several of us shared the the chocolate fondue, which is perfect for sharing with people who want portions of various sizes. That night, I was particularly fond of the marshmallows, because I really like marshmallows and they're even better dipped in warm chocolate. The sliced apples and dried papaya were also excellent.

Blu will be having a Las Vegas Wine Dinner on August 13th and a Simply Raw Dinner on August 27th. See Blu's event page for more information.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 PM

    Is it weird that I have been veg for a very long time, yet every time I see a picture of a lobster or crab, I want to rip its yummy legs right off and eat them??

    By the way, I should let you know, I have a new blog location now... the link is different than it used to be. Now it's www.greengrounded.com.

    Hope you are well! We should meet up sometime, Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @a*sue - It seems perfectly natural to crave yummy crustaceans. :) Thanks for letting me know about the link. We should definitely plan on meeting for dinner sometime!

    ReplyDelete