Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Squirrel Feasts on Oatmeal Raisin Cookie

As I was leaving work yesterday, I saw this squirrel eating one of the giant oatmeal raisin cookies from the Saladelia in the Pavillion. I thought it was fairly silly looking, so I took some photos through the glass doors and headed toward it for a closer look.

He quickly moved, taking the cookie with him, but I followed in hot pursuit. I love this picture, because you can see his mouth opening wide to take a bite.

Soon he ran off again.

He went pretty far this time. You can see him between the poles, way in the distance.

I caught up with him again.

This time, he dropped part of the cookie when he ran away from me.

It does look good, doesn't it? I'm betting he came back for it. I know some of you think that I'm obsessed enough with food to have taken it for myself, but I assure you that I did not.

I was in too much of a hurry.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:15 PM

    You get the best photos of squirrels! Your blog is the only place I see squirrels anymore. Where did they all go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't look out the window (any window) at home without seeing a squirrel. It's pretty much the same whenever I go anywhere on campus. They're an endless source of entertainment. :)

    ReplyDelete