Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Pauly Dogs Returns!

Yesterday, the freshmen moved into their dorms on Duke's East Campus. On West Campus, something much more exciting was going on. Pauly Dogs re-opened for the new school year. I have been counting the days ever since they closed at the end of the spring semester. It's been a long summer.

The veggie dogs that I get at the Pauly Dogs kiosk on the Bryan Center walkway have become the staple of my lunchtime diet at Duke. The one above is "the Yankee", which has sauerkraut, spicy mustard and optionally Texas Pete, which I leave off. Pauly has between 12 and 16 combinations that people can order or they can just get the toppings to order. They also have beef and chicken hot dogs, but I haven't tried them.

I'm so happy they're back again!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:42 PM

    That is funny that something called a "Yankee" has Texas Pete on it. Texas Pete is such a Southern (and NC) staple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy--love sauerkraut! I can't believe I never ate there while I was at Duke. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I've been jonesing for them all summer. They do a pretty decent Chicago dog and their polishes aren't bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:09 PM

    Ate here today -- awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ate there today (and yesterday), too. If you see me in line, say hello!

    ReplyDelete