Thursday, August 14, 2008

Shade Tree Coffee Has Closed

I am sad to write that this is a picture of the last latte that I had and will ever have at Shade Tree Coffee. They closed today for the last time. It's very sad for me, because I have so many happy memories of drinking coffee and Italian sodas while playing cards, laughing and talking there. Greg and Stephanie Lamm created such a welcoming environment that made it so easy for us to have fun. Many of my friends, who spent time with me there, have moved on to jobs in other parts of the country and now Shade Tree has moved on as well. I know it's important to remember the good times and appreciate that they happened. I'm thankful that we all had such a wonderful place for as long as we did.

Shade Tree now has a farewell message on the Shade Tree Coffee website, so be sure to check that out. Meanwhile, I'll go make some coffee from the last pound of Shade Tree beans that I have and savor every drop.

2 comments:

  1. ;_; I thought they were closing today. Now I'll never get my last latte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @hexapod - I actually drank that last latte a couple of weeks ago. I had planned to get crepes and coffee Thursday night, but I was too late.

    ReplyDelete