Saturday, October 18, 2008

ConvergeSouth 2008

Yesterday, I went to ConvergeSouth 2008, which was held at NC A&T, in Greensboro. This was the fourth time the conference has been held, but it was my first time attending the event. I got to see and talk to many tweeps (people I know from Twitter) and other bloggers, so I naturally had a good time.

The keynote, by Chris Rabb, launched the conference by focusing on the upcoming election and how far we've come from the standpoint of race and technology compared to previous elections. There were two engaging panels, which featured Anil Dash, Pam Spaulding, Mathew Gross, Robert Scoble and were moderated by Ed Cone. There were also loads of sessions that sounded interesting and I wanted to be in several places at the same time, but unfortunately it wasn't possible. I went to two individual sessions, one on video broadcasting by Robert Scoble and one on the ramifications of commenting on Science blogs led by Bora Zivkovic.

Tweets tagged with #convergesouth.
Photos on flickr tagged with convergesouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment