Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blu Blogging : Lunch!



Several co-workers and I went to lunch at Blu Seafood & Bar today. I was excited, because I'd never been there for lunch, just for dinner. They have a very different menu for lunch and there were several things that I wanted to try, including beer battered fish and chips, which several of us ordered and I enjoyed a great deal. The fish was nice, crispy and flavorful. It was served with vinegar, tartar sauce, coleslaw and freshly made chips. I've never developed a taste for adding vinegar to my fish, but I liked the tartar sauce quite a bit. The colseslaw was slightly creamy and had a fairly mild flavor. I was pleased that the chips were comparatively thin and not heavily salted.


Google Earth Evangelist had the citrus cured salmon and avocado sandwich. She let me have a bite and it was excellent. I suspect I will order this at my next opportunity.


Two of us ordered the Oyster Po' Boy with Creole Remoulade and it looked really good.



We shared a blueberry cobbler. I had a couple of bites and it was very good. Several of us commented how much they appreciated that it wasn't too sweet, so they could enjoy the blueberry flavor. It was served warm, which was a nice treat.


Nevertheless, I concentrated heavily on one of the two slices of key lime pie that we shared. Am I not showing tremendous self-restraint by only posting a photo of one of then?

No comments:

Post a Comment