Monday, January 16, 2006

Two Nights of Culinary Heaven

The night after the juggling party, we made my dad's crepe style pancakes filled with cranberry sauce. I tried adding the melted semi-sweet chocolate but the cranberries pretty much overwhelmed it.

That night, we went to ACME Food & Beverage Company. I had a wonderful blue crab and goat cheese ravioli appetizer with a Northern Spy apple salad with gorgonzola, spicy greens and a minted vinaigrette. Strangely enough, I didn't feel like having dessert afterwards, so I had a decaf cafe mocha instead. The ravioli, in particular, was just superb.

The next afternoon, we went to A&M Grill. Their barbecue is kind of sour and I wasn't in a sour mood, so I tried their fried chicken tenders. They were ok. I probably won't get them again, because I'll probably be sour.

That night, we went to ACME for the second night in a row. Sunday night, I'd had a hard time decided whether I wanted the duck or what I got, so I knew exactly what I wanted. The duck, with tangerine sauce, was wonderful. My parents and I had an apple cobbler to finish it (us) off.

You really can't beat going to ACME two nights in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment