Sunday, June 12, 2005

Colington Cafe

On Tuesday, while we were still at the gallery, we asked Glenn Eure where we should go for dinner. He recommended Colington Cafe and even made reservations for us. He said to just turn onto Colington Road at the Red Apple filling station and it was on a hill. Once we got back to the hotel, I looked at the Insider's Guide book and it said that it was actually on Colington Island, in Kill Devil Hills, which confused me. Note that the hotel we were staying at was the Ramada Plaza of Nags Head, but it was actually just inside Kill Devil Hills. Sure enough, we followed his directions and saw the restaurant.

The restaurant was beautiful, inside and out. It's an old victorian house surrounded by large gorgeous trees. I am thrilled to see that the cafe has a website. My dad and I sat at a table in the sunroom that's pictured on the site, just in front of the door. You can see the photo of my shrimp pasta entree that I posted earlier this week. The dessert was fantastic, too. Overall, it was a very pleasant dining experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment