Sunday, September 05, 2004

Yeast Rolls

Today My main accomplishment was making rolls. This was my first experience with using yeast as well as my first use of my new Kitchen Aid mixer. I had a hard time getting the dough to rise. Basically, I keep my house too cold, I think. Once it sat in my warmish oven for a bit, the dough rose nicely. The rolls turned out great and there are only two left. It's wild, though, because I used the recipe that my mom has used forever and they turned out quite differently. Apparently, I should have added more flour, because my dough was rather sticky. Once baked, there the holes inside were a lot larger than hers. While I was very happy to eat mine, I like my mom's better, so I'll have to keep working at it. Also, all the rolls ended up mushing into each other, so I had to pull them apart. That was mostly cosmetic, though.

My parents planted several more plants today. It's really starting to look cool.

I was just unpacking a box full of letters that I mostly received about ten or eleven years ago. It made me realize a couple of things. If you have any doubts about the person's ability to stay in touch with you, then you should sign your full name. Otherwise, after a few years, it's really hard to look someone up if you have a bad memory. Of course, some might say that if you can't remember their name, then maybe it's not worth communicating but it might be. The other thing I realized was that I'm really bad at responding to e-mail. Yes, these were real genuine letters, but I also have e-mail that some of the same people sent two to five years ago, too. Hopefully their addresses still work.

No comments:

Post a Comment