Saturday, September 04, 2004

Catfish

In my last post, I neglected to mention what I actually did yesterday. After work, I went to a picnic at the Duke Computer Science department, honoring the former department chairman. It was catered by Bullock's, so they had good barbecue, hush puppies and brunswick stew. Dessert was probably catered by somewhere else, but they had a cake with white icing and bright red cake innards. The flavor of the red dough was almost completely tasteless, but they also had brownies that were wonderful. More importantly, I talked to several people from the department that I hadn't seen in a while, so that was fun.

Today, my mom came over and planted forty small plants. That puts a significant dent in all the pots in the yard. I think it's going to look very nice. Our neighbor came over and chatted a while afterwards, so that was fun.

My parents and I went to ACME Food & Beverage Co. for dinner. I had pecan crusted catfish with lump crabmeat, tomato and country ham, served over french fries. It was supposed to have grits instead of fries, but I asked for the switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment