Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pop's Backdoor

This weekend, I finally had some pizza from Pop's Backdoor Pizza and Calzones. Over the years, I'm sure many of us have had pizza in Pop's more formal restaurant. Now you can get a wide variety of take-out or delivery pizzas, calzones, appetizers, gelato, sorbetto, tirami su or chocolate pudding cake. They have a lot of delicious sounding pizzas and you can build your own pizza from a wide array of toppings.

We had a Pop's White, which was taleggio, fresh mozzarella, parmesan, garlic on ricotta spread. We had an additional topping, kalamata olives. It was quite good, but I definitely want to try some of their other combinations, such as granny smith apples, French brie, white truffle oil on ricotta spread. OK, I already know that's good. I'd also love to get a pint of their pineapple sorbet before I get around to making some myself.

2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to try out Pop's pizza. I just can't stay away from the campunti!!! I always look forward to reading your food ventures and I wanted to let you know I've left you a little award over at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've really been enjoying your blog, too, Jeni!

    ReplyDelete