Thursday, July 10, 2008

Eastern Lights Blogging : Spicy Seafood Noodle

I've been meaning to write about this dish for a while, but I had to confirm exactly what it was that we ordered, because I was looking at the wrong section of my take-out menu when I started to blog about it and couldn't find it.

Eastern Lights offers a selection of handmade Chinese noodle dishes that are extraordinarily good. Several of them are soups, containing lots of seafood and pork. I've always been fond of San Shan Za Jang, which is noodles and seafood in a dark and creamy soy bean sauce.

I don't recall that I'd ever ordered Spicy Seafood Noodle before, though, probably because it's described as "Very Spicy". As you can see from the photo, it's noodles with squid, shrimp, scallops and vegetables. I didn't think that it was that hot, but since I've been going to this family's restaurants since 1981, I think my tastebuds have, to a large degree, become desensitized to their hot peppers. I'm much more sensitive to Mexican, Thai and some Indian cooking. Maybe you wouldn't find this dish that hot either, but I can't say for sure. It was slightly sweet, but not excessively so. I'm eager to try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment