Sunday, July 06, 2008

ACME Blogging : Wonderful New Desserts

Tonight, of course, we went to ACME Food & Beverage Co. ACME has a slick new website where they have up to date information on their ever changing menu and events, such as the annual Tomato Festival. Now you can easily make reservations on-line, but calling ACME is one of the few calls I don't mind making. You can also sign up for their weekly newsletter, which is highly entertaining. Tonight my Most Faithful Reader had the Eco Farms Greens Salad, with avocado, grapefruit, jicama, and a feta vinaigrette. I've considered ordering this salad or a similar one for a long time and I believe I'll have to try it in the future, because it really looks good.

I had our old favorite, the fried oyster salad with spinach and a bacon bourbon vinaigrette. You see, at ACME it's very easy to look at the dessert menu ahead of time and plan accordingly. If a dessert sounds particularly good to me, then I'll often order a small plate or a salad as my meal.

What I didn't know from looking at the dessert menu is that they would have this lovely housemade peach ice cream with housemade ginger cookies as a dessert special. My MFRs shared it, but I helped myself to a few spoonfuls. The little chunks of fresh peach were particularly nice and refreshing. I could eat several bowls full of this.

I was, however, still set on my own serving of the cinnamon and pecan brownie sundae with housemade vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. The brownie was served warm, as you can see from the melting that occurred while I was concentrating on photographing the peach ice cream.
It was very, very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment