Monday, November 03, 2008

Vote 2008

A couple of weeks ago, when I did early my curbside voting, it was a great experience. It seemed far more significant and potentially memorable than when I voted for the very first time and certainly subsequent times. Never before had voting seemed more important. I was nervous then and I'm still nervous now, but at the time I was voting for someone whom I believed would make a difference. I was voting for someone whom I believed that just by being elected, regardless of his accomplishments in office, would make a difference. I believed that it would mean that the majority of this country's citizens would exceed my expectations and I would see a moment in history that I never expected to see in my lifetime. I believed that, should he be elected, not only would it be a momentous historical triumph, but we would also have a president who appears to be genuine, to have common sense and to actually be intelligent.

If you haven't voted yet, I hope you have that same experience tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment