Saturday, May 28, 2005

1 year anniversary of home ownership

That's right, as of today, I have lived in my house exactly one year. It doesn't feel as if it's been that long at all. I've learned a lot of things in the past year, but primarily an appreciation for the amount of work it takes to keep a house looking somewhat tidy.

Today I went to the Durham FM Association hamfest, also known as DurHAMfest. I worked at the club table, with SE, which was fun. We sold quite a bit of stuff. Given that I'd never worked at the club table before, I had nothing to compare it to, it's possible it wasn't a lot, but it seemed like it to me.

The exciting thing was that I baked two batches of brownies last night to sell at the fest. All the proceeds went to the club. I had 45 brownies at a dollar each and 36 of them sold! I thought that was pretty cool.

This was the first time I'd been to the new location for the fest, at the National Guard Armory, in northern Durham. It didn't seem too bad, although there wasn't much accidental traffic. When we had it at the South Square mall parking deck, some of the people buying tickets were mall-goers. Now, if you're there, you pretty much planned to be there and are a ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment