Saturday, February 12, 2005

Mr. Clean Saves the Day

Last night, after work, I met AE and GM at Chai's for dinner. This time, I tried the shrimp and rice bowl with Thai yellow curry. It was very good, but a little spicy. AE got us an order of gyoza dumplings, which were a nice treat. Afterwards, we went to Shade Tree Coffee. They have about five flavors of ice cream. I got a scoop of their delicious chocolate, in a standard sugar cone.

We planned to go see violinist Joshua Bell, who was playing as a part of the Duke Artists' Series. We cut it a bit close, timing wise. Tons of people were trying to get in the parking building, so even though the coffee shop wasn't that far from the auditorium, it took quite a while to get in and find a space. Then we just flew down the sidewalks to get there in time. It was if I'd had a flashback of being late for class. We got there at exactly 8pm, but the performance didn't start for another 15 minutes at least. The concerts always used to start approximately on time, but that was before they had the parking building. The concert was excellent and Bell received the first full standing ovation that I've seen there in a long time.

The most exciting thing this afternoon was discovering the joy of using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. My mom had told me how wonderful they are at removing soap scum and she was right. They, however, are also extremely proficient at removing smudges from walls. I've been looking for something that would safely take handprints off my walls and they did the trick.

This evening, I met JJ and JA at Starlu's, which is a new restaurant near South Square. Unfortunately, we didn't have reservations and tonight was a little close to Valentine's Day. Fortunately, Pao Lim's Asian Bistro wasn't far away. We had a great time talking and I got to have dumplings, a spring roll, honey walnut shrimp and coconut ice cream for dessert.

When I got home, I got to see Duke lose to Maryland in basketball one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment